Published Wednesday 23 Oct 2019
Telecommunications Dispute Resolution (TDR)
is a free and independent service for broadband, home phone and mobile customers. Its purpose is to help consumers who have complaints about their telecommunications provider to swiftly and effectively resolve disputes.
TDR has today released its complaint and enquiries data for January - June 2019.
The report shows that:
- Nearly all complaint and enquiry categories measured by TDR increased in the first half of 2019 compared to the first half of 2018.
- Billing continues to be the most complained about category at 37% of all complaints received.
- Customer service complaints and enquiries increased by 71.2% (365 versus 213 in the first half of 2018) with the largest increases in customer approach, failure to action request, and installation issues (not exclusive to fibre/Ultra-Fast Broadband).
- Complaints about faults increased, with most of the increase due to perceived equipment failure.
- Ultra-Fast Broadband related complaints are substantially lower than in the previous two financial years.
View the full report here.
Consumers who are having issues resolving problems with their telecommunications provider are urged to contact TDR.