What you need to know about wiring your home for telecommunications before you build or renovate
Building or renovating? Installing the correct wiring can save you time and money down the track by ensuring delivery of existing and future telecommunications services. Wire your home at the same time as other services like electrical wiring and plumbing, before wall linings restrict access.
Installer and homeowner guides
To support the TCF Premises Wiring Installer Guidelines the TCF has also published consumer guidelines.
The consumer guide aims to help you when building or renovating to gain the best from your telecommunication services.
The guide answers the following questions:
- Who provides and connects my telecommunication services to my premises?
- What services do I need to consider installing?
- Where in my home do I connect and use my telecommunication services?
- Do I require battery back up to support my equipment?
- How should I wire my home and connect my telecommunication services?
Download our guidelines