On top of that we have our review of the Telecommunications Dispute Resolution service well underway and our Product Stewardship Re:Mobile annual report has been published. We’ve also published our factsheet on copper withdrawal and PSTN switch-off in conjunction with the Commerce Commission.
This month saw the launch of the government’s Digital Strategy for Aotearoa focusing on three key pillars; Mahi Ake (Growth), Mahi Tika (Trust) and Mahi Tahi (Inclusion). Our Policy Lead has written an excellent article on how this impacts the wider telco sector.
Telecommunication sector updates in our October newsletter includes:
• Draft scam prevention code
• How to deal with scam calls – Consumer NZ Focus
• TDR governance update
• Re:Mobile annual report published
• Digital Strategy for Aotearoa – what it means for telcos
• Communicating copper network upgrades
• Industry news
• Member activity