Providing standardised information about broadband plans to customers
What it is
A mandatory code of practice that specifies minimum standards for the disclosure of information regarding residential broadband internet access plans to customers.
- Allow customers to easily compare broadband plans between service providers via a customer-friendly Offer Summary.
- Enable customers to select the best broadband plan for their needs.
- Specify what key information a service provider must provide on their Offer Summary for their residential broadband plans offered over fibre, fixed wireless, WISPs, cable, copper (ADSL and VDSL) and satellite technologies.
- Specify what other information service providers must make available to customers about their broadband plans, including traffic management and related issues.
- Provide a link to where the customer can access performance information for the broadband plan, for example the Commerce Commission Measuring Broadband New Zealand results.
Who it applies to
- TCF Members
- Non-TCF Members who are telecommunications service providers selling mass market residential broadband plans, who choose to sign up to the code.
Who it affects
Customers looking to purchase a residential broadband plan.
Code type: Mandatory Code
Document version: 2nd edition. April 2022.