Providing standardised information about broadband plans to customers
What it is
A mandatory code of practice that specifies minimum standards for the disclosure of information regarding mass market residential fixed line broadband internet access plans to customers.
- Allow customers to easily compare broadband plans between service providers via a customer-friendly Offer Summary.
- Enable customers to select the best broadband plan for their needs.
- Specify what key information a service provider must provide on their Offer Summary for their fixed line, mass market broadband plans.
- Specify what other information service providers must make available to customers about their broadband plans, performance, traffic management and related issue.
Who it applies to
- TCF Members
- Non-TCF Members who are telecommunications service providers, selling fixed line, mass market residential broadband plans, who choose to sign up to the code.
Who it affects
Customers looking to purchase a fixed line broadband plan.
Code type: Mandatory Code
Document version: 1st edition. October 2013.