Ensuring a positive customer experience when transferring a regulated telecommunication service between service providers
What it is
The regulated Customer Transfer Code for Regulated Services (the Code) specifies the transfer process and supporting behaviour that service providers must adhere to when facilitating a transfer of a customer’s regulated telecommunications services in New Zealand.
The purpose of the Code is to ensure a positive customer experience when a customer requests to transfer their regulated telecommunications services between service providers in New Zealand.
Who it applies to
This Regulated Code is applicable to all service providers and access network operators who participate in the transfer of regulated telecommunications services. This Code is not intended to impact on other parties who do not have obligations under this Code.
Who it affects
Customers of telecommunications service providers.
Services covered by this code
This Code applies to the following Specified Services, as at 3 August 2012:
- Retail services offered by means of Spark’s fixed telecommunications network
- Residential local access and calling services offered by means of Spark’s fixed telecommunications network
- Retail services offered by means of Spark’s fixed telecommunications network as part of a bundle of retail services
- Chorus’ unbundled bitstream access services
- Chorus’ unbundled bitstream access backhaul services
- Chorus’ unbundled copper local loop network services
What it doesn't cover
- Porting of local, mobile or toll-free numbers
- Transfer of mobile phone services
- Telecommunications services not regulated under the Telecommunications Act 2001.
Code type: Regulated code.
Document version: 2nd edition. February 2013.
Notes: The Commerce Commission revoked the first, 2006 edition on 25 February 2013.